WHAT’S A SOULBOOK? SoulBook is a soulful artsy project by Melody Ross that is fun to make and deeply meaningful and personal at the same time. You’ll create a beautiful chunky SoulBook full of all of the things your beautiful heart knows, but sometimes forgets. You’ll make it out of inexpensive and easy-to-find cardboard and tape and fill it with reminders of important things you may have forgotten about yourself…things we don’t ever want to forget. You can make your SoulBook as simple or as artsy and creative as you like! For more info and examples you can join the world wide face book group called SOUL BOOK GATHERING EXPERIENCE.
- Several small photos of yourself and your life printed on regular copy paper (just off of your home printer is great…make them 1” – 3” in size…) *these are ANY photos at any time in your life….anything that tells the story of YOU. We all love our families and friends…but remember this book is about YOU….so make sure you bring more photos of yourself than of your family and friends!
- some random pretty buttons
- pieces of broken jewelry pretty little beads that you adore pieces of your favorite fabrics (even pieces of old clothes or blankets)
- bits of lace and pieces of old tablecloths or pillow cases that have been embroidered
- pieces of beautiful paper that you love
- random charms
- magazine clippings of beautiful things that make you happy to look at
- magazine clippings of words that describe you and make you happy
- pieces of ephemera from your life….wrappers, receipts, tags, notes and cards you have kept, things you have doodled on, quotes you have jotted down, event tickets, things on your dream list…..you get the idea…:)
- anything that is pretty, makes you happy, has texture and that you can glue down….